Friday, July 21, 2006

Father to a one year old

So, my babies returned unscathed from their trip to Arizona and the Motherland (Mexico)! They had a good time and definately got some sun. Pictures will be coming later probably. You can also check out our flickr site via the picture badge thing in my links section. It was strange not having the wife and kid around, like I just floated around in limbo until they returned or something. But life is back to normal and all is well. Unfortunately though, I didn't enjoy my little Head Coach game too much. It's a good idea, but when I got into it, it just took up too much time and was kinda boring for the majority. As much as I don't like him though, I did draft Vince Young, who proved to be a decent QB in the game. Have you seen this man's throwing motion?!?!?!? It drives me crazy! I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to football, especially with QB's, so Vince Young just drives me bananas. The national championship game was probably the first time I actually rooted for USC.

Anyways, so that game was a disappointment, but I did manage to get a new computer desk from Ikea while the wife was away. For the uninitiated, do not try to go to Ikea on 121 after work. Good gracious! It took almost 2 hours to get up there, when it should have only taken 1. But me and my mama made it safe, and then proceeded to walk 3 miles within the store while I tried to hold myself back from buying everything in sight. I was rewarded with yummy Ikea metaballs and Ligonberry sauce.....mmmmmmm!

I am a very impulsive shopper, so Ikea is a bad place for me to go since everything is so cool and so cheap. We did get a cool new desk since I will be using our old desk to study in the peace of our bedroom for the GMAT which I'm taking in October. I can't study in noisy areas! I did manage to rig up this basket thing to the bottom of the desk that holds all your wires and such out of sight. I used many many zip ties to keep everything nice and out of sight, including the power strips which I strapped to the desk frame with 3 inter-connected zip ties. My old system of taping everything to the back of the desk just wasn't cutting it! I am proud of myself though, and would recommend doing this if you hate the sight of a bijillion wires all over the place at your computer desk. You can't even see 'em!

The biggest news of all though is that the fabulous Ms. Adeline turns 1 this weekend!!! Huzzah! We're having a pool party at my parents place with other small (and large) children. Should be a good time! It's weird to have a one year old. Maybe Barb and Mr. Mike can give us some pointers on dealing with the depression of not having a baby anymore, but a child! Everyone should look forward to pictures, and maybe this weekend I'll actually import all that video we have of Addy, and throw some of it up on here for your viewing pleasure. Until then, enjoy a video of Audrey tickling that crazy one year old we all love! Look at those teeth!

1 comment:

barb said...

i can't wait to see her throw some cake! man- it's like right after his birthday dave just started trying to do everything. he tries to say most words that i say to him. it's quite bizarre. and hasn't this been like the longest, but shortest year you can think of??
she is precious. love the video!