Tuesday, July 11, 2006

While the wife's away, Marcus will play



My fabulous wifey and baby are away in Arizona this week visiting Mama and Poppa Roach, leaving me a lone man in the wilderness of our home. This means that there will be mucho video game playing at the Casa de Tolman over this next week. The game of choice this go around is NFL Head Coach, a football coaching strategy type game. You get to create your own coach, from his hairstyle down to the different outfits you wanna wear depending on if you're in the office, at practice, or coaching in a game. I myself rock the Landry style fedora in the office to summon the spirits of coaching past, and then I wear an awesome polo/baseball cap combo for game time. The premise of the game is that you were an assistant with the Steelers at the last Super Bowl and now you're gonna be a head coach, so you have to interview with teams and then accept an offer. Once you're hired you basically have full control over the going-ons of your team. From plays, to signing free agents, to practicing. You even have office hours where you meet with players, coaches, owners, etc. and try to improve your team's overall performance.

I believe you get to participate in this year's draft too, so maybe the Texans will show some sign of intelligence and pick Reggie Bush or Vince Young this time. Another cool thing is that you can design plays. Those of you who know me on a football level know that I'm a X's and O's kinda guy. I was offensive coordinator for our girl's powder puff team at my high school (don't be too impressed now) and I'm proud to say that I vastly outcoached those stinky juniors! Our opening drive was a thing of beauty...just ask my best bud Luciano! I'm also a doodler of sorts, and often when I'm in boring work meetings or in class I'll draw up plays on my paper instead of taking notes like a good boy. So, hopefully these plays I come up with actually work!



You also have to try and motivate players during the games, which seems like a cool little feature. I look forward to pulling aside my players and making them cry like little girls. Who wouldn't want to see an O-Lineman cry?



So, needless to say, I'm very excited about this little game. I just created my coach last night and accepted an offer from the Detroit Lions (Mike Martz and Jon Kitna in the heezouse!), so hopefully it turns out to be a fun game. It's supposedly time consuming, but hey, I got all the time in the world right now, so play on Marcus! I'm also very excited because this rental was free thanks to the Coke Rewards I got from all the Diet Cokes I drank that were left over from new hire orientations at work. Thanks for saving me $8 Harris! Once the wifey and wee one return there will be many pictures to post (they're gonna go to Mexico!) and I'm gonna try to get some video up on here as well. I miss you my babies!

1 comment:

barb said...

8 bucks huh? i guess that's what you get for having a cushy HR job. I think Harris gave me a free hamburger once... oh, and a free calculator so I can convert pounds to kilograms...some pens...