Wednesday, May 02, 2007

i could just kiss him


Finally, the Dirk we all know and love finally showed up to play a game this series...and just in time too! I thought we had game 5 in the bag in the 2nd quarter, seeing as how we were nearly up by 20, but the Warriors must have rubbed Nellie's belly or something cuz they went nutz (that's right...with a Z) and clammered their way back thanks to some insane 3 point shooting and the continued great play of Baron Davis, whom I think is really a T-1000 who has taken the form of Mr. Davis. Right when I was about to give up hope though, Dirky started hitting tre's and getting to the free throw line for some easy buckets (which also helps to slow the game down, thus driving the ADD/HD Warriors batty).
The thing I was really impressed with though, which I haven't heard sports writers touch on, was the great off the ball defense Devin Harris played on Baron Davis at the end of the 4th quarter. Devin looked like he was trying to slow dance with Baron which led to Baron not getting the ball when it mattered most, thusly leaving the rest of the Warriors to fail miserably at trying to put the game away themselves. This is probably because Baron's teammates didn't know what to do since the only play they run is to isolate Baron Davis at the top of the key and then have him either go freakstyle on everyone or dish it out to one of his teammates when he gets doubled. Oh, sometimes they throw in a pick and roll, but the general idea of the play is the same. Anyways, Dirk showed up BIG TIME, and I could just kiss him...on his forehead of course.

VIVA LA MAVS!

No comments: