I am alive...just not good at updating the blog.

I know, I know...I said I would update ye old bloggy all the time this summer about our adventures in the great American northwest, but alas I was too busy having fun and becoming BFF's with Netflix. Why oh why did I never watch Arrested Development when it was on?!?!?!? Anyways, to make a long story short, we had an AWESOME summer in Portland. We went to the coast, saw some awesome waterfalls, hiked a bit, picked berries like it was nobody's bid-ness, sampled the local cuisine (Voodoo Doughnuts I <3 U!), frequented the local farmer's markets, and did I mention Netflix??? Wow! Oh, and I worked at the ever-awesome Intel, which was awesome. I love the company and the folks I worked with. It was a great place for a geek like me to work.
Anyways, since returning to Tejas I have been dealing with the worse case of senior-itis I have had in my academic career and trying to stay motivated in school. Only 4 more weeks! The girls are all doing awesome and we're excited to move on to the next phase of our lives. I was talking to the missis and it's weird that we don't have a next step in our lives. No more school or anything like that, just duking it out in the real world! But good ol' W will be speaking at graduation, so that should be interesting. I'm excited to be done to say the least.
Oh yeah, hey, I took a job with Intel! They gave me a great offer, and gave me more money than I thought I was worth, which is very nice. The only bad thing is we don't know where we're going yet, but it looks like it will probably be Phoenix, but Portland's still a possibility. It will be sooo nice to be close to family though if we go to Phoenix, since my in-laws live out there. Another great thing about Phoenix though is no lawns! I love the look of grass, but hate mowing and such, so maybe I'll be able to get rid of all of our lawn stuff! Anybody know of some super duper sunscreen for your pale skinned brotha' and his see through chillins?
See our flickr page for more pictures of the good times!








No comments:
Post a Comment