Friday, September 15, 2006

Mr. Lazy-Blogger-Bones

Well, I have been a very lazy blogger as of late! Since returning from the motherland of P-Town, things have been pretty durned good. I started my GMAT Prep Class, which has been fine, but this test is going to do all sorts of nasty things to me that are unmentionable in this sem-family friendly blog! You don't realize how much you forget once you leave school. I mean, I haven't taken a math class since '02 and a major chunk of the test is pretty tough algebra and geometry. Pray for me friends! This class does however give me a great excuse to sit there and stuff my face with Skittles! Something about eating in class makes it so much more bearable.
Anyways, today I am venturing to one of my favorite cities on the planet that I've been to (& considering I've never been outside the country, that might not mean much), Austin, TX to help my brother move into his new-fangled heezouse. I wish I could stay longer, but considering Audrey's been there all week, she's ready to come home! Austin's so cool. If you've never been there, you should really try to go sometime because it is seriously an awesome town. I always say it's like if you took Seattle and stuck it in the middle of Texas Hill Country. I can never decide if I like Seattle or Austin more though. I lean slightly towards Seattle, but it's still a tight race.

Oh, and in other news, you should checkout the link I have in my links section to Improv Everywhere. They are a funny group of people who run around NYC and do all sorts of funny and cool pranks. Like when they had a whole bunch of people dress up like Best Buy employees and go into a Best Buy and just stand there at the end of the aisles. Check it out...I laughed so much. They recently did a funny "prank" of sorts at Yankee Stadium called "Rob". They also did some slow mo shopping at Home Depot, and one of my favorites is The Moebius (spelling?) where they had a group of 6-8 people do this loop of actions in a Starbucks for one hour. It's seriously so funny! Check it out. Warning: This could seriously eat up a good chunk of your day if you're not careful!

In sports: My BYU Cougars shot themselves in the foot in week 1 against the U of A (boooooo!), and looked pretty dang good against Tulsa (yeaaaaah!), but face a tough Boston College team in Boston on Saturday. I really hope they do well. We're certainly capable of beating BC seeing as how BC barely beat Central Michigan in week 1. Pray for the Cougs ye the friends of Marcus! Also, the return of my beloved Mavs is just around the corner as their first preseason game is Oct. 10th against the Hornets. College football and Mavs going at the same time?????? I just might be in sports heaven this fall...unless my Cougs totally tank. Again, pray for the cougs!!!!

4 comments:

barb said...

that sign is hilarious! would you be embarrassed to sit by us at the BYU/ TCU game with a sign like that?

Marcus J. said...

of course not, but I can't speak for everyone else in the group...shouldn't be a big deal

barb said...

mostly i was kidding (mostly)- although our t-shirts might be a touch contraversial. i promise we won't put any 'anatomical' parts on them- ok?!?!! tee hee!

andi said...

That guy in the picture looks like a guy that lived at the Colony with Ryan Pedersen (yes, Barb? You may have been married by then I think). Or maybe it's just that everyone from BYU looks about the same. Love the sign, though!

And I, too, agree that eating during class makes is much more enjoyable...that's probably why I look the way I do right now, sadly...but YUMMY skittles (and I highly recommend honey roasted peanuts.)