Wiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!! and Mavericks win!!!
Yipppeeee! I finally got my grubby little hands on one of them Wii's! Let me tell you the story. It all started on a semi-cold dark night. I attended a Mavericks game where I watched a bunch of absurdly tall oh-my-goodness-how-are-they-that-good athletes play the basketball from my comfotable 2nd row seats placed behind the Grizzlies bench. I was literally like 12 feet from Damon Stoudemire while he was staying warm on the stationary bike! Plus I got to see my man Stromile Swift (whom I will be naming my first born son after) get nasty on a in-your-face dunk on my favorite African baller Diop. But the best is that my Mavs won! Jason Terry hit like 5 3's, Dirk maybe missed one shot in the first half and finished with about 25 points, and Damp had a great game and scored most of his 10 points on nasty 2-handed power slams. It's a whole other experience seeing these guys play from that close. I really do feel these guys are some of the best athletes in the world after seeing them that close up. I mean Dirk is 7 feet tall people! And he can hit a fade away jumper from above his head from 15 feet! Absurd!!!! Oh and Dirk really is that dreamy from 30 feet away!Below are the high quality pics taken from my trusty camera phone. Thanks Motorola!


Before I left for the game I mapped out my plan of attack for getting a Wii. Toys R Us in Dallas was releasing them at midnight, as were WalMart's, so I hit up the Toys R Us first. There were like 100 people in line, so I left and headed over to a WalMart in West Dallas, no luck there. I got out of that WalMart at about 11:40 or so, so I hauled my buns over to another WalMart in Arlington. They said they had 20 Wii's and there were already like 22 people in line. I thought I'd give it a try in hopes that someone in front of me in line would either die or have credit card troubles...neither happened. So by then it was 12:35, so I headed back to Funkytown a sad little Nintendo fanboy since probably all the WalMarts were sold out by then. On the way home I drove by our friendly neighborhood Target, and there were only 10 people or so in line. Target opened at 8:00 am, so I figured I'd go home, sleep a little, and come back in a few hours. I tried to sleep, but I think I was too amped up to actually fall asleep. So, I headed up to Target at 4:00 am and waited in line for 4 hours in the cold. Luckily my friends Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and Mr. iPod were there to keep me company. I love you iPod! If only they could have kept me warm! Anyways, at about 7:00 the friendly manager lady came out and gave everyone in line a ticket which basically reserves their Wii. They had 39 Wii's and there were only about 30-35 people in line by then, so everyone got their ticket and headed back to their car to warm up while a few stragglers nabbed the last few tickets. I had never been so happy to see a Honda Civic! Here's the view from inside the Civ.
At about 7:45 I headed back to the front of the store and was about 6th in line then. At 8 they let everybody in in groups of 6-8 so I got in there, got my Wii and my Zelda game, paid, and hauled my buns home cuz I had to go to Stake Conference at 10. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to play before church dang you shower!), but after I got home and took my nap to make up for the lack of sleep, it was game on! The Wii comes with a fun little set of sports games called Wii Sports (clever I know)that are very user friendly and very fun to play with other people. The controllers are motion sensitive, so when you play tennis you swing the controller like you would swing a racket, when you bowl, you do the bowling motion to throw the ball down the lane and so on and so forth. So me and Audrey had a good time playing some of those sports games last night, and I was able to play a little Zelda as well. All in all, I haven't been disappointed at all and it's been a ton of fun to play. You can believe that there will soon be a Wii party at the J.T. household! Wiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!








No comments:
Post a Comment