The Battle...is over
Okay, okay, I've been a lazy pants about posting this week, just because I have been doing some hardcore vegging-out the past couple days. So I went into face the dreaded GMAT Tuesday morning, and I came out...well...alright. I actually did pretty good. I got a 650 (out of 800), which was the low end of the score range I was syooting for (650-710). To give you an idea of the meaning of the scores, the average applicant for top B-schools (that's what all the cool kids call business schools), Harvard, Stanford, Penn, etc. averages around 710 or above. The average GMAT score for kids that are accepted to the schools I want to apply to (BYU, A&M, Virginia, SMU, Georgia Tech) is between 635-675 or so. If I had scored 690 + then I would have basically guaranteed myself to get accepted at at least one of the schools I wanna go to. Now, with a 650, there's no such guarantee, but it is a good enough score for me to stand a chance. I'll just have to make my applications extra spiffy! My brother got a 650, so I really just wanted to do better than him, but oh well! I was a bit disappointed though because I had got a 690 on the last practice test I took, and I didn't freak out or anything during the test, so I thought I did better than 650. Oh well. There is a small chance my score may actually be better because I haven't received my "official" score yet in the mail. All in all though, I'm pretty pleased. I'm gonna give it a go and see how the application process goes. I would just hate to waste hundreds of dollars applying and not get accepted anywhere. I guess we'll see. Since Tuesday I've just been catching up on my missed TV (thank goodness for DVR's!), eating pizza, and trying to not think about math or sentence corrections at all. So far, so good. It's good to be a free man again! Feel free to pat me on the back here and make me feel better about myself!








1 comment:
Good job Marcus. Seeing how I flunked both my Math 110 midterm and final, I'm pretty sure you did better than I would have done (if that makes you feel any better). Way to go!
Post a Comment