"You gotta hear this one song - it'll change your life."
So, the other night me and the missus watched the last half of In Good Company, one of my fav-o-rite movies, and while I was complaining about the end of this movie to Audrey (I just don't understand Topher's decision making processes concerning the ladies) something struck my ears and made me just stop mid-sentence and just sit there in awe. This, my friends was Iron & Wine's Trapeze Swinger, by far one of my favorite songs ever. One of my favorite parts in Garden State is when Natalie Portman tells Zach Braff that this certain song will "change your life". That's how I feel about this song...life changing! I remember sitting through all the credits for this movie in the theater, just to listen to this song. It mesmerizes me, cuts straight to my soul as cheesy as that sounds. You should all check out Iron and Wine if you haven't already, and if you have...listen to Trapeze Swinger again! Sam Beam is basically the band, and somehow he was blessed with a voice that's so sweet and nice that I might sell my soul to the devil just to have it...well, I would also want the ability to float like David Blaine, but that's another blog entry entirely! Here's a few more "life changing" songs that I looooove:
*Do You Realize? The Flaming Lips
*God Only Knows The Beach Boys (This is seriously like the best song EVER!)
*Joga Bjork
*Say Yes Elliott Smith
*Naked As We Came Iron & Wine
*Ring of Fire Johnny Cash
*By the Way They Dance Jump Little Children (This is what me and the missus danced to at our wedding....awwwww)
*Sitting On the Dock of the Bay Otis Redding
*Paranoid Android Radiohead
*The Good Life Weezer
*Brick House The Commodores (maybe THIS is the best song ever!)








1 comment:
Yo! Love the pink! And I have to give a shout out to anyone who likes They Might Be Giants. You're a friend in my book :)
Post a Comment